Thursday, August 24, 2006

Good News/Bad News

We checked out of the motel today at 1:00 p.m. We then went to a neighboring city and ate lunch, trying to kill some time until we got word about the closing and when we should be there.

I want to stop right here and say that yesterday, we were discouraged about the delays and were out and about. I said, "Let's go by the house and pray." That's what we did too. We pulled next to the house (out on the road), and led by Glenn, each one of us (yes, even the baby at 20 months prays!), said a prayer for the house and our situation. We truly just wanted God's will. Our daughter is 7, and can be a real prayer warrior when she decides to be. She prayed a similar prayer to what Glenn and I did, praying that God would let His will be clear... if for some reason not for this house, then for another one. Ethan (he's 3) prayed, "deh Lord, hand sanitiz-a-yoh, chemo, house, Papa say this house my house, my room, Jesus' name, Amen." (Let me translate- we use a LOT of hand sanitizer and Ethan sometime started praying for it!, and chemo- my Dad, Ethan's biggest fan-"Gampa" is taking chemo for prostate cancer. Ethan ALWAYS prays for chemo, as he has been told Grandpa is sick from the chemo).

Then there was Seth.... he's 20 months and in his simplistic child like manner, folded his hands, bowed his head and said, "Houuuussssseeeee, Mama, Papa, Amen." I am blessed to know he will always pray for me :o) , but just thinking about how he simply said, "house". You see, in his little world, all is o.k. I am sure he thinks, "Who cares I'm only eating fast food or at restaurants? Who cares I'm staying at a motel? My Mama and Papa are with me, all is right in the world."

AND, what am I getting at? Within about 30 minutes from those prayers, we got word that things were going well.... they simply needed 2 papers (very easily obtainable papers) and things would proceed with a new lender.

THEN, to the good news/bad news part.... Today, when we ate lunch, I prayed that we would hear word concerning the house, and within minutes... we did! It was good news- everything is settled, completely settled, the house is ours.... Bad news- we can't close until tomorrow, because of a matter of time... no time at that point for the mortgage company to make the transfer to the previous owner's bank.... so that has to happen tomorrow.

I can live with that sort of bad news. :o) We had already checked out of the motel, so we called them back, and got the SAME room for the same discounted price. Thank you Lord! :o)

Do pray for us... as I type this, it's almost midnight and a storm is really here.... a bad one with hail and lots of rain and wind. This Florida girl is used to it, just would rather be in my home when it happens. :o/

4 comments:

C.C. said...

Glad to hear things are progressing and God is taking care of even the little things!

Cindy Loven said...

hey Amy, I didnt realize you had a blog...adding you to my favorites..
Cindy Loven

Cindy Loven said...

hey Amy, I didnt realize you had a blog...adding you to my favorites..
Cindy Loven

Anonymous said...

Prayers going up, kiddo. \o/