Last time we checked in with our fearless blogger, she was in Illinois. No, she is not stuck there, she did indeed make it home to Minnesota. She is as they say "safe and sound." (the jury is really still out about the sound part, but she's home safe).
I haven't forgotten about my dear readers, I've just had my nearly 16 year old niece with us this week and haven't sat down much at all! I've really enjoyed having her with us! I hope this will become a yearly visit.
Last night we surprised her with cake and home made ice cream and of course gifts. (I am taking her today to get her nails done). Yesterday, we spent the day out at a pizza buffet, and then a picnic supper at the park- all for her birthday really, but she didn't realize that until we got home from the picnic, and she found I had secretly decorated the table and area in her honor. Her "sweet sixteen" is 2 weeks from yesterday. Ah, to be that young again......
Honestly, I am super glad I am NOT 16 anymore. That generation sure faces a lot of stuff that I am glad to not deal with.... no, when it comes down to it, give me the bills, (did I just say that?!), give me the house to keep straight, the kids to run to and fro....... Life in that way is sweet.
Here is a picture from yesterday at that moment of "Surprise" (of course, my niece would want me to write a disclaimer here that she knew nothing about pictures being taken and therefore her hair was not done! lol)

1 comment:
What a beautiful girl! Happy 16th!
Post a Comment