Saturday, July 12, 2008

Funeral

The funeral was nice as funerals go... lasted just over an hour. The church was packed! The church seats 220 or so, and we had some that were participating in the choir loft, and had to get some chairs out.

Maybe one day I will post more in detail about the funeral, but right now I am exhausted! I am in the process of washing and packing for South Carolina. We are leaving tomorrow morning after church.

My Mama leaves (along with my niece) in the morning- flying. Glenn, Cala and I are heading out (in my inlaws car because of our van breaking down yesterday!), going along with my brother, his wife and their daughter in their car. We will spend the night on the road... I will try checking in there.

Yes, we finally made the decision to have the boys stay here with my inlaws.

More tomorrow.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope your trip is uneventful and safe!
Keep your eyes on the Lord whatever the future holds. Praying as always!
Romans 15:13 Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.

Rebekah Sanders said...

Amy, I just wanted to say again how sorry I am! I'm not sure how people without hope go through stuff like this. Praying for you and your mom and the rest of your family...

Unknown said...

Amy, I just want you all to know that my family is with yours in our thoughts and prayers. My boys know how your heart is feeling and I know the heaviness of your mom's. We love you all. May God bless and comfort each of you.

Melissa said...

Oh! I am so sorry!!!! Know that you and your family are in our thoughts and our prayers.... Have a safe trip.