Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Happy Anniversary to Glenn and me!

I am blogging this afternoon since Glenn and I are getting ready to head out for the night. Thank the Lord Ethan has broke his fever and is feeling way better. He's now not contagious and is able to be with his brother and sister at my inlaws house.

Glenn found a great deal on a nice play and so we are heading on out. We were never sure we would be able to this year, but I am glad we are. This is traditionally our gift to one another- we decided that a long time ago, many many years ago (actually I think on our first anniversary!), that we would spend a night away as our gift. Now, it's not always worked out, because we lived in Russia, but even then after we had Cala, we would have someone watch her for a couple of hours so we could at least go out to eat.

This year we just thought we wouldn't be able to due to Daddy's death, and even though I have had a rough morning (as we all have- I think mostly due to realizing it was 2 weeks ago today), I am glad Glenn said "Yes, we are going!" (even last night we thought we wouldn't!).

So, off I go to get ready... we are leaving at 3 p.m.- just happens to be the time we got married. (15 years ago!)

4 comments:

Suz said...

Happy Anniversary Amy! I'm so glad y'all are getting away, it'll do you good.

Wow, 15 years!

The Flores Family(Maria, Jose and Jose Luis) said...

Happy Anniversary Amy

Please know that you are your family continue to be on my
prayers .

The Flores family

Anonymous said...

Trust the Lord and His Will. Know that I'm praying!
Psalms 5:11-12 But let all those that put their trust in thee rejoice: let them ever shout for joy, because thou defendest them: let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee. For thou, LORD, wilt bless the righteous; with favour wilt thou compass him as with a shield.

Anonymous said...

No update since Wednesday...hope everything's okay!
There is hope in the Lord! Praying right now!
Psalms 16:7-9 I will bless the LORD, who hath given me counsel: my reins also instruct me in the night seasons. I have set the LORD always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope.