Friday, July 11, 2008

In Heaven

Daddy died Thursday morning at 3:25 a.m. Eastern time. We were on our way to Florida when we got the call that he was gone. I am so sad I didn't make it, but God knew best.

We had the viewing tonight (Friday) and many, many folks came. It's strange to know that my Daddy's body is over there next door at the church! (he requested that it be left there all night). The funeral is at 2:00 p.m. EST Saturday (tomorrow) at the church. We will leave for South Carolina probably Sunday afternoon... the funeral there (where he and my Mama grew up) is on Tuesday (viewing before the funeral) and they will bury him in that church's cemetery. (the church where he grew up).

Pray for us. This house seems so empty tonight.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You were there when your Dad needed you the most. And now you're there when your Mom needs you the most...the Lord had it all worked out.
Know that I'm here praying right now!
Psalms 18:1-3a I will love thee, O LORD, my strength. The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower. I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised...

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for your loss.

The Flores Family(Maria, Jose and Jose Luis) said...

Hi Amy
My heart goes out to you and your family.......praying for peace and strength at this time for all of you.

The Flores family,
Maria, Jose(Dad), Jose L and Jose A

Deb said...

I'm so sorry for your loss and the pain. Remember that you have the hope of seeing him again one day in a much better place where he will be happy and healthy.

Praying for you as you go through the next few days especially.