Monday, July 14, 2008

Monday evening

We made it to South Carolina this afternoon. We are staying in a nice hotel and as far as that goes, are thankful and able to relax here a bit.

Tonight, we went to an aunt's house (my Mama's sister) and had supper, amongst many, many family members- something like 45 were there. (Mama is one of 11 kids!)

I must say it was nice to see some who knew how we feel because they've been there. Their remarks are sincere when they say, "I understand how you feel, what you're going through." I appreciate those greatly.

Tomorrow, we will be having a viewing from 12 to 2 p.m. and then have the funeral and burial. This is at the church where my Daddy grew up. It's an old, old church, from the late 1700's. (YES! 1700's). Many a confederate soldier is buried out there, I know that, and many a folk with my maiden name were laid to rest there. I've visited the grave site many times through the years, as I've come to visit the graves of my Grandpa and Grandma. I've known for years where Daddy (and Mama) would be buried. I just couldn't be prepared for that actual moment when it will take place.

Pray for us. We are getting through with a whole lot of praying together, checking on each other, etc.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

May the Lord give you the peace that only He can give. Praying so right now as you face more tough days ahead!
John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.