We made it to the hotel right at check in time- at 3 p.m. and plan to stay here until check out tomorrow. Soon after arriving, we took a shuttle to the Mall of America, which we can actually see out our hotel room. (as well as the MSP airport!)
We really enjoyed the MOA and I am surprised by that. What I mean is I haven't been a mall person at all really. This place is just massive, overwhelming even but we sure had fun there. We ate supper there at one of my favorite restaurants, then took the shuttle back to the hotel. We went swimming and just about an hour ago now got back up to the room.
After getting everyone their showers and having our nightly family devotion time, we have the kids in bed! Whew.... Glenn, my niece, and I are about to watch a DVD- an old Alfred Hitchcock film with Carey Grant.
The best thing is this room is completely free! We have racked up enough points with this hotel chain that it's a free night. We just really, really felt strongly that we should come celebrate our anniversary now instead of waiting, hoping that things would be o.k. during that time.
I am really glad we came!!!! These kind of days do wonders for our mental well-being. It's great we brought my niece too! She is the type of person that holds her emotions in, but I know that she's suffering too... she's close to her Grandpa. This is hard on everyone.
Just talked to my Mama... also, I talked earlier to my youngest brother (this niece's Dad). He said that he's really glad we came when we did, because now Daddy is just truly there... just hanging on.
We will be home tomorrow afternooon. Catch you tomorrow night!
2 comments:
so glad you are getting this time away! sounds like fun! and you can't beat free!
Glad you're having a good time!
Continuing to pray so very hard!
2 Corinthians 12:8-10 For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me. And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.
Post a Comment