Got to love a boy like that!
We are learning a whole new life around here... Glenn was diagnosed with diabetes a couple of days ago and so we are learning to cook the diabetic way.
I am learning as we go along, day by day. He's in the first week of them trying to get it regulated and see what works, what doesn't. It's yet another thing for us to become educated on.
3 comments:
How confident are you that this diagnosis is the only problem going on? Hope Glenn starts feeling better soon as he works on eating what he needs to do, etc.
Praying!
Isaiah 26:3-4 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. Trust ye in the LORD for ever: for in the LORD JEHOVAH is everlasting strength.
I am not convinced, Lynn. I am not convinced. The ER doc said it couldn't be all that was causing it. He had more tests run and hopefully we'll know more soon.
Amy, I think you and Glenn should join the yahoogroup called diabetesworld. It's not found by using the search engine, you just send an email to: diabetesworld-subscribe@yahoogroups.com and one of the two managers (Peg & Bea) will approve your membership. The list is owned by endocrinologist Dr. Arturo Rolla and he actively contributes to the list.
David Mendosa's website is the best diabetes website on the net:
http://www.mendosa.com/
And Gretchen Becker's "The First Year: Type 2 Diabetes" is an awesome first book. I found it at the local library.
You will learn so much from Dr. Rolla's group, David Mendosa's website and Gretchen Becker's books.
I hope this helps! Love you all!
Post a Comment