Thursday, March 11, 2010

Chef Cala

Cala and Seth have become our chief salad makers. This was Cala tonight as she chopped up the lettuce. She really goes to town, having lettuce fly up in the air, etc. She's serious about cooking! Seth loves to help and he put on goggles to protect his eyes while he worked with onions! ha

Both Glenn and I like to cook and try new recipes, and our kids are following in our footsteps! I love that!

We are blessed that they all love vegetables and will really eat just about anything.

I adopted my Mama's way of thinking- "I'm not a restaurant and won't cook separate meals". It's worked for me! They all like a variety of foods.

Glenn and I really enjoyed a nice time today. Once Seth was off to pre-school, he and I were able to enjoy a nice lunch out. Glenn first got online to look up the nutritional info about the place we went to and found exactly what we should eat on the diabetic diet. It was great...truly about what we always ate at this place!!! We really got full.

Tomorrow should be a "slow day" until the evening when it's family night. :o)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're figuring out ways to be able to still enjoy eating out! That will make sticking with the diet easier.
Lifting up prayers right now!
Psalm 31:1-3 In thee, O LORD, do I put my trust; let me never be ashamed: deliver me in thy righteousness. Bow down thine ear to me; deliver me speedily: be thou my strong rock, for an house of defence to save me. For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me, and guide me.