Friday, March 05, 2010

Thursday

Living in Minnesota, you're bound to fall on the ice at some point in your life! I've made it through the past two Winters without doing so, until Wednesday!
As I reached the porch of some friends' home, I slid on the ice and came down hard on both knees. My right knee especially hit the ice, and the left knee came down hard, and immediately slid. My arms both were involved, because they both swell around the wrists. I was such a mess! Glenn was in the truck, out of it, from having been at the ER all day, and heard me hit. He tried to get out of the truck, but by the time he opened the door, our friends came out to help.
I am thankful to be "o.k." just in a LOT of pain, which is of course exacerbated by having fibromyalgia.

Oh the joys of life in Minnesota.... this time of year is when the snow begins melting some and ice begins appearing... fun, fun fun! :o)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Amy, I'm so sorry!!!!!!!! I fell on the ice at church back in December. It's amazing how hard you can hit just falling a few feet. Hope you heal quickly!
Still here lifting up prayers!
Psalms 18:30-32 As for God, his way is perfect: the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all those that trust in him. For who is God save the LORD? or who is a rock save our God? It is God that girdeth me with strength, and maketh my way perfect.
Prayer Bears
My email address