Sunday, April 18, 2010

Ok! So I confess to secretly (not so secretly now that I put it on the blog!) liking winter, even in Minnesota! Yikes. I really don't like the coldest time of year when it falls wellll below zero, but hey! That's part of the mystique about here.

My all time favorite of any season anywhere is fall. I love the color in the leaves. Summer here is nice because even though it can get "warm" in the daytime, the evenings are nice and cool. I love going out on the deck and feeling the evening breeze. It's calming to me and peaceful.

I've never been a big fan of Spring anywhere I've lived! I know, that's strange, almost a crime amongst some folks, especially when you live in a climate like this, but I just never have! I think it's because in Florida, where I grew up, it's HOT this time of year and you know what's around the bend--- the dreaded dog days of summer. Here in Minnesota, I think my dislike is because it's the high time of allergy season (*even though I don't suffer like my husband and baby son do). I also know that it's because if it's still going to be chilly, I might as well have SNOW! haaaaa There... I've said it. My husband would disagree. I have always disliked seeing the brown everywhere in early spring before the beautiful flowers (my favorite part of this season) appear.

AND now, to explain my picture choice for today- I was thrilled to see such lush green as we drove out in the country. The brown is starting to be replaced with this beautiful rich color and I, yes, even I can appreciate Spring for its beauty.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Know that I'm praying!
Isaiah 41:10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

Anonymous said...

Praying in Seattle!
Isaiah 41:13-14: For I the LORD thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee. Fear not...I will help thee, saith the LORD, and thy redeemer, the Holy One of Israel.