So, what happened yesterday that I never posted about?! Church was really good yesterday. We had a patriotic song service in the morning, led by my husband, and I played the piano. We did the pledges (not just the American flag, but also to the Christian flag and to the Bible). We even sang the National Anthem, at which point, I cried.
Yes, I cried. For the past seven years or so, I've cried any time I hear "The Star Spangled Banner". It just started happening when we moved to Russia, and even though we are state side now, I can't help but have tears fall thinking about how it is to live in such a free country where freedom is just, well, second nature really. I've lived amongst people who once were not free and will probably never really be as free as we are here. It makes you think and be thankful for the privileges we have.
*** *** ***
Tomorrow morning early, my husband will fly to Mini Apples :o) where he will begin looking at houses for us to rent. I am excited ! He has many, many to see over the next few days. I hope that I will be able to post here in the next couple of days all about his "adventures in house hunting." Stay tuned....
1 comment:
We had US Marine color guard present the flags yesterday morning too. Since D and I sit on the first row, the huge American flag was RIGHT in front of us, like two feet. I couldn't get throught the whole first sentence of the pledge I was so choked up. Not only am I so thankful for being an American, but I am thankful that my daughter is both Russian and American and I am looking forward to having another new Russian/American daughter very soon.
Post a Comment