Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Unexpected Motel Stay

This is Florida, and yes... we get bugs! Big bugs, medium bugs, baby bugs.. bugs, bugs, bugs!!! Yikes! It was becoming ridiculous at my parents home, and especially the exact day the "bug man" (o.k., I know some of you will think it funny I call him the bug man, but we do call the exterminator that!). Anyway, the day he left last, it seemed to get worse! My husband was just sure the company had set out more bugs or something! ha ha It did make you wonder!

So, today was the day the bug man returned (same company, different guy). He concentrated on the kitchen, dining room, that half of the house (bedrooms there), and the living room. He did not yet go in our bedroom or my parents. He sprayed so much in the kitchen and dining room that I just couldn't take it. I honestly felt like I was dying! I started feeling like I was choking, couldn't breathe, arms pounding (differently than they do when I have a fibro attack!), and it ended up that I feel congested in the lungs from this stuff.

Anyway, it became so bad, we just couldn't stay there tonight. So, after VBS tonight, we went to a motel in a near by city. (thanks to my parents who insisted we do!) I still am having trouble, but sooooo much better being away from it.

So, an unexpected motel stay- nice place by the way. Peaceful. I like peaceful. (yes, the kids are with us, but they're sleeping :o)

1 comment:

Suz said...

Ummmm, maybe you're part bug?! Sorry you got asfixiated (sp?). But glad you're getting a mini-vacation! Hope you feel better soon.