Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Green Eggs and Ham


Glenn and I love to create memories for our family. I sincerely hope that our kids will grow up and have fond memories of the traditions we have started. Today, Glenn and I cooked breakfast together, inspired by this classic book:

Glenn cooked the ham, and I cooked green omelets. I also made toast. We didn't wake the kids up until we absolutely had to, and stalled them from coming into the kitchen, as they always do if someone is cooking!

I wish I had taken their pictures the moment we put th
eir plates down! ha ha It was priceless. I think it was Seth who said, "I'm not eating this" Ethan (who never refuses to eat ANYTHING) pushed the plate away! ha Cala just stared at her dish and Glenn and I laughed! When I said that Papa and Mama are both eating the same thing they were, they realized we hadn't given them spoiled food! Cala ate a bite and the boys followed. They of course loved it, realizing it was the same taste only colored and then they wanted to know how I made it, etc. etc.


Since it was getting late in waking the kids up, Glenn didn't get the time to make the ham green, but the omelet was the star anyway in our kids' book.

Seth ran to get the book and had me read it while they ate! I think this will be a new found tradition on St. Patrick's Day!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brings back memories! My mom put green dye in my milk one 17th of March...I refused to drink it! Ah what fun I missed!
Continuing to lift up prayers!
Psalm 34:1-4 I will bless the LORD at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth. My soul shall make her boast in the LORD: the humble shall hear thereof, and be glad. O magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt his name together. I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.