The above picture is one I am proud to have! One of my cousins in South Carolina scanned it for me and sent it to me through facebook. The big man in the middle is my Daddy, and my Mama is standing right behind him (her arms on him (white sleeves). This is a picture of my Daddy and his siblings, with their spouses behind them.My Aunt, (the oldest of the family and sitting right next to my Daddy in the picture) is now in heaven, and her husband died a few years before she did. (my Uncle Melvin, standing behind her, hands clasped.) The couple on the far right are now both in heaven, my Daddy's oldest brother whom he loved dearly and who died of leukemia several years ago. His wife died not too many years ago after a long battle with Alzheimers. They were my cousin's (who sent me the picture) parents. Aunt Margaret was also my Mama's cousin, so we were doubly related to her :o) Next to them (and right next to my parents) is a couple I love dearly. This Uncle of mine now is battling dementia of some sort as well as other health problems. His wife is a real "sweetheart" of a person. Then, on the left, is one of Daddy's other brothers, who last year we thought was not long for this earth... but he pulled through! His wife is standing right behind him. (in white).
So, out of this picture of 10, half of them are gone on now. Out of the other five remaining, two are in poor health. Yes, this picture is precious to me, so very precious.
I miss my Daddy so very much! I always knew I would miss him, but honestly, it's a pain I didn't expect to be this bad and this long... I love knowing though, that he is in Heaven with his beloved sister, whom he loved and looked up to, his oldest brother whom he lacked one day being 10 years younger than and looked up to, and their Mom and Dad who had gone on many, many moons ago. Daddy always looked forward to being reunited with his family. Imagine the reunion!
1 comment:
Glad you have such a special photo!
We have Jesus Christ, Almighty God, on our side, with us every step of the way! Praying!
Philippians 2:9-11 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
Post a Comment