Since Ethan has mental issues, and his anger is aimed towards me, it is rare that we can be alone... it has been suggested more than once that we are indeed never alone for a long period of time. When I realized that because of the time of our appointments, if we all went (meaning Glenn, us and Seth), we wouldn't be back in time for Cala to get home from school, I suggested that this could be a date for Ethan and me. So, it was planned, and looked forward to... then this past Saturday, I became "sick as a dog" with kidney/bladder infections! I knew somehow I needed to get through today. I enlisted the prayers of many and thankfully, we made it! I did indeed get sick on the way home, but Ethan managed really well during our time together.
I even stopped and had my hair cut while we were out and once we made it home, I just had to get a picture for the blog, of Ethan and me. Yes, he did start getting 'fustated' as he said (frustrated) but he realized it and was able to utilize some techniques he has been taught. I praise the Lord for His goodness in allowing me some much needed time with my oldest, precious son!
1 comment:
Glad today went so well.
The Lord is with you right now, lifting you up, giving you strength! Always praying!
Isaiah 40:28-31 Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding. He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall: But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Post a Comment