Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Open doors, close the doors, Lord

The search for a house in the Mini-Apples area continues! My husband looked at an older house yesterday with very small rooms, the one we were very interested in seeing got re-scheduled for this morning.... So, I was very anxious to hear his update. As it turns out, the one we wanted to see was "o.k.", but the same realtor took him to a small town down the road that had a much nicer house. Hubby sent me pictures and either he takes a great picture, or the house is wonderful for us! I am in love!

We are certainly not house snobs, for after all, we lived in 4 apartments in Russia that each needed repairing of some sort. However, my husband said that the newer houses are just a few more dollars a month than the older smaller house he saw yesterday (sometimes just like $10 more a month!). We are certainly learning a lot about cost of living in the states! St. Petersburg was very high in many things (considered the 8th most expensive city in which to live), but housing, although comparatively (for what you get), not cheap, is not near the price we must may in the cities.


We have specifically prayed that God will open the doors to the house He has in mind for us, and close the doors where they need to be shut! It's happening! Glenn was supposed to see some houses today but the woman called to say one had trouble, and described the others. The others were not in a part of the cities in which we want to live. So, God shut that door, and it didn't waste any further time.

I must say I am getting excited to hear after each house he sees. Tomorrow, I think he has four to see! Keep praying for him and us here. The kids are really missing their papa.

1 comment:

Suz said...

I'm excited too and it's not even my house hunt! I can't wait to see which one it will be - no wonder I'm such an HGTV House Hunters fan!