I like some of my things slanted, at an angle. It's just "my style" I guess. However, I've started noticing lately that when I put things out that way (a picture, or one of my Coca-Cola knick-knacks), they will wind up perfectly aligned! Finally realizing that it was Cala!, it all made much more sense.
You see, in Russia, the same thing would happen. I've seen it (with my own eyes), over and over again. Our Russian friends would come in our home, and upon seeing my things slanted, someone was bound to straighten them out. At first, it was comical. Then, it became down right annoying. I had one friend in my home daily. I saw her in action helping me place my things in order, as certainly I didn't mean for them to be slanted. I had enough. I politely said, "oh! I want them slanted." She was surprised. "Really?! Why would you want them that way?!" ha ha I laugh at the scene and have thought of it often. Then, today, my Russian daughter brought it all back. :o)
5 comments:
LOL maybe someone will pay her big money to be a interior designer and line up all their pictures :-)
That's funny, but I must be Russian too! I'm always straightening pictures and things, especially at church and in my own home. Now, I may have done it at my sister's, daddy's or maybe even m-i-l's but never to a non-relative. But, there's a difference when things are intentionally placed slanted and when they're just off a scooch :o)
Oh yeah! It was fun to talk with you on the phone yesterday! I forgot to tell you, but I think some of your southern accent is already fading!
Don't you dare say that! ha
Actually, just before I called you, I had talked to a business here. I try to sound "plain" so they will understand me. I get so tired of everyone daily asking me to repeat myself! ha
So, I will just have to call you back soon!
:o) Amy
You're invited to be a part of the new "Blog-Pals connection" Come visit my blog for the explanation of what Blog-Pals is all about!
Post a Comment