This past week, we saw an email through an email group we're on, asking if there were like-minded churches here in the twin cities area of Minnesota. (meaning a part of the same association we're in). We were excited because we are the nearest, as there's only one other one in the state, and it's 2 1/2 hours away. SO, long story short.... there will be a visitor for our services on Sunday! He's a college student here on a baseball scholarship, as well as through his grades. He's used to being a part of a mission (small church work), etc. etc.
Up until now, we've been holding services with our family here at our home, and going to a near by church on some Sunday mornings. Area churches here tend to not have a regular worship service on Sunday night, and Wednesdays are usually for kids/teens. That's something we aren't accustomed to in the states (common on the foreign field when first starting out!).
We've been planning all along to begin looking for places to meet (did that this week, but to no avail as of yet), and holding our first official service (in other words- advertised service) in the coming weeks.
However, we are just thrilled that already someone is here, wanting to come.
SO... now the fun begins with turning our downstairs family room into a church area. *until meeting place in a near by town is found*
That means we will spend tomorrow going through the rest of our trusty Rubbermaid containers and putting things in their place! Good to have to do this! Otherwise, we keep saying, "your parents are coming next month, we've got to get it all put away by then!" (Glenn's parents are coming Oct. 14th). :o)
PRAY for us, as we officially meet with someone other than our family this Sunday! Continue praying as Glenn is seeking places for us to meet. We are interested in a nearby city to hold our English speaking services. Our Russian services, we want to hold closer in the Cities.
5 comments:
That's so exciting! Praying!
Welcome to MN. I've enjoyed reading your blog as I'm; in the begining stages of adopting from Russia, live in MN am a Realtor and I'm also religious person. You have touched on many of these things in your postings so it's been fun to read. I'm so glad that your family is adjusting to life in MN. I can't figure out what town you live in. I hope that your children are meeting new friends and that you find a sense of community. God Bless, Kristy
Hey this is great news that this guy just "fell into your laps!" Wowzers! That's awesome. Now, get that little evangelist, C, out there to bring in some more! :o)
Amy,
Praise God He is already working through you in your new home! God bless. I'll be praying for all of you this Sunday.
Kristy: I would love to hear more from you/about you.
Post a Comment