Monday, June 30, 2008

Getting Closer

I talked to my Mama today as I do daily (several times a day actually). Since it is coming up on six months that Hospice has been there with Daddy, the caseworker (nurse) came today to do an assessment. Of course since they realize that Daddy is getting ever closer to death, they will not leave as is their standard procedure if the patient has exceeded 6 months.

We are just sitting on ready really. Today I packed the kids clothes back up.... tomorrow, I will spend washing everything that is left to wash (had to leave a couple of loads when we went to Florida). I can't really pack things for Glenn and I yet, as we don't have as many clothes as the kids do!

We were also sort of stuck tonight, wondering what to do. My 16 year old niece is with us and we needed to purchase her ticket tonight in order to get the best deal. However, her ticket is for Thursday of next week- July 10th. Not knowing if we will be here that long!, we wondered what to do- if we get called to Florida before then, we lose the ticket... if we don't, then all is o.k. If we waited a few days, the ticket will go up in price AND they say on their website to purchase it 10 days before flight. SO, in the final analysis, we got it.

My oldest brother is praying he can get to Florida (from Paraguay) before Daddy dies. He is too sick himself to come right now. The doctors though believe they can have him ready in 3 weeks- and even though I want my brothers all there (the other one in Paraguay is on the waiting list for next Tuesday), I can no longer pray Daddy makes it for any of us. He is in SOOOOO much pain now. I know he's much better off going on Home. sigh.............

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Lord knows the exact time that's best to call your Dad Home. It's in His Loving Hands....
Received this verse in an email today and thought it was interesting. Still here, still praying!
Isaiah 25:4 For thou hast been a strength to the poor, a strength to the needy in his distress, a refuge from the storm, a shadow from the heat, when the blast of the terrible ones is as a storm against the wall.

Suz said...

Oh my, you all are dealing with so much at one time. I'm praying for your whole family and for God to give you supernatural peace and comfort when the time comes.