Thursday, June 26, 2008

Thursday- on our way home

We made it to Paducah, Kentucky.... we are staying tonight in the same hotel where we stayed the first night on our way down to Florida. We are about half way home, really went a long ways today.

We had intended to be up and almost ready to go by 2 a.m., but by the time everyone said their goodbyes and I spent extra time with my Daddy, it was exactly 3 a.m. when we cranked the van and headed out.

This morning, I believe God gave me a precious moment with Daddy. He's been seeing Heaven a good bit lately and this morning was no exception. He suddenly just looked up at the ceiling (as he does a lot now) and said, "it's such a peaceful place. There's no sickness, there's no hospitals, I can walk here, I can run here." He went on to describe that it was just beautiful, beyond anything he could describe. He's been talking a lot lately about who he's seeing there, but this morning, he told me more about seeing streets of gold, seeing a river. Wow. That's all I can say is wow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What an amazing gift! Hpoe it gives you some peace!
Stopping by to let you know I'm here praying!
Psalms 31:1-3 In thee, O LORD, do I put my trust; let me never be ashamed: deliver me in thy righteousness. Bow down thine ear to me; deliver me speedily: be thou my strong rock, for an house of defence to save me. For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me, and guide me.