Tuesday night, we had the Hospice nurse here to help Daddy because of his catheter stopping. While she was here, around 11 p.m., a good friend of mine (the same on I mentioned this week on Monday- my "sister"), called because her uncle (to whom she was very close) had died that night. He had just spent time with his family, eating supper, having dessert, and his Mom found him dead at his computer.
We spent well into the night with the family at the ER and then at their home.
Now, on Saturday, I will attend his funeral. :o( I can't believe that while we have been waiting on Daddy to go, we now will have attended (at this point) 2 funerals. (one back in December for a close family friend- also a very unexpected death).
This funeral on Saturday will be hard- of course it will be anyway- a shock, but it will be held at the funeral home where my Daddy will be. It just seems like a 'practice' of sorts. Sigh....
3 comments:
Oh Amy, I'm sorry! Know that I'm here praying as always!
Proverbs 18:10 The name of the LORD is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe.
Praying here still too.
Know how hard this must be. Been there myself with too many funerals and waiting and just struggling every moment....but remember even when it doesn't feel like it...the Lord is there with you.
The other poster lynn did post a beautiful verse. The Lord is your strong tower and He is safe and good.
oh, hon, I am so sorry! You and your family are still in my prayers....
Post a Comment