Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Monday

Monday was an emotional day. We spent most of the afternoon talking about when we will go to Florida- when the best time is... we haven't been "called in" so to speak, but we feel the need to get there and see Daddy for a few days. When we go, we will travel by vehicle, and because of the time it takes to get "to and fro", we will only have an actual 8 days or so there. That seems so little. We would much prefer two weeks there, but it's the way it has to be. We know at some point in the coming weeks, we will be called in that "this is it", and so, now we will go spend a few precious days with Daddy.

To be honest, none of us thought he would be here this long. When I left Florida in January (after spending 2 months there), I thought he would be gone by end of February, first of March. Here it is June. Grief is so real right now and I just feel this need to get there.

He's weak, he's tired, he's hard to understand on the phone now and I am told that's the way he is in person too.

I already dread the leaving him again, but I also don't want to be the person who could have been there, but didn't go just because I don't want to deal with seeing him like this.

Pray for us... we have some major decisions to make about when to go. It came down to money, and we have some set back for "THE" trip, and then today... we found a way to get a major portion for a visit trip. Pray for us... we still need more, but if God wants us to go, He'll supply.

With tears....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Amy, I'm sorry! I remember so clearly the last time I saw my Dad...didn't know it was going to be the last time. It's always so hard to know when....
Still praying in Seattle!
John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Melissa said...

I am so sorry! You and your family are in my prayers!

Anonymous said...

((((HUGS)))) Amy. I pray that God will provide the necessary money so you may go and have a visit with your daddy. I, too, remember those last days with my daddy almost 15 years ago. It will be difficult to see him but I think you would regret it more if you did not go. We will be holding you up to our gracious Father who will give you the strength and comfort you need. Denise in PA