Sunday, June 01, 2008

Those who read this and are from the "adoption community", well, you will completely understand this post....

Note to person who used the words, "real Mama" when speaking of my oldest son's birth mother, well... I realize this person would never dream of hurting me.... this person also doesn't read my blog, so really why am I writing this post?! I guess to safely vent somewhere. (hey! It's my blog after all, guess I can post what I want!).

It's just... if "real Mama" is the way we describe her, what am I? Fake Mama? I don't feel fake. I feel very real. Admittedly, I could stand to lose a lot of weight, but uh... I LOOK very real... I don't think I look fake.

Ok... enough said... you may go back to your regularly scheduled broadcasting.

Real Mama here, out........ :o)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a lot of friends who are "real" mamas....and they're all very special! Heard someone refer to the children's biological mother as the "egg donor."
People need to be much more careful with the words they use....
Know I'm still praying!
Isaiah 12:2-3 Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation. Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.

Anonymous said...

I have a woman who gave birth to me, which I am eternally grateful for and I have my mom who raised me from 2 months old. She is my "real" mom as much as I am to my kids and you are to yours! You're a great Mom!!! :)
Wen

Anonymous said...

Amy, There is no one more real to a child than the one who is called mama! I once heard an adopted child say, "my brother was born from my mommy's belly, I was born from her heart!"

God Bless the women who have little ones who call them mama!