Sunday, June 22, 2008

Sunday

Last night, I stayed up the entire night on the couch close to my parents' room. This is because Daddy had suddenly taken off his c-pap machine (for sleep apnea)- which is also connected now to oxygen. He was very fidgety and my sister-in-law and I were concerned that he would do this again and Mama might need our help.

I am a night owl by design and so I offered to sit up. I honestly had intended at some point to go to bed after three or four hours, by around 4 a.m. or so, but no... I fell asleep for 1 hour evidently, and then just couldn't rest. So, there I stayed. Of course today I was entirely exhausted!

After church in the morning, people like to come over and see Daddy. One man was so taken aback that he sobbed and sobbed this morning. Daddy's death will affect many.

We are continuing on with our plans to leave Thursday. Pray for us.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know I'm praying hard!
Continuing to pray in Seattle!
2 Corinthians 4:15-18 For all things are for your sakes, that the abundant grace might through the thanksgiving of many redound to the glory of God. For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day. For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory; While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

The Flores Family(Maria, Jose and Jose Luis) said...

Dearest Amy

My prayers continue to be with you and your family. So sweet for you to stay up watching dad.......you will cherish does moments.....

blessing, prayers, and hugs
Maria Flores

Cassia said...

Just to let you know I have been checking your blog daily and praying for you.