Tuesday- (for some reason blogger says Monday!)
This morning, Daddy was awake and talking a good bit. He was completely in his right mind and it was nice to have a good hour or so to talk to him. Only once did I wonder about a memory he was telling me about from when he was a teenager. Who knows!? It could be completely true anyway. Some things we simply won't know I guess unless we remember him telling it before.
I have come to the realization that we have lost him. What I mean is, we have lost the Daddy I know and love. Of course I love this one that is in bed, too. That's not what I mean... I mean I've lost the Daddy that used to call me daily in the mornings since he knew I was up getting Cala ready for school... I've lost the Daddy that would joke with me because many times I had ended up calling him four or five times throughout the day. I've already lost so much and sometimes just typing that out makes me feel so selfish. :o(
Tomorrow is our last day here and that in itself is more than I can think about right now.
4 comments:
I know what you mean, Amy. I lost the mother-in-law I knew and loved when she got really sick a couple years ago. We almost lost her twice, but she came back to us. Just not the same as she was. Praying for you and your dad.
Heart's aching so much for you right now!
Know that I care so much and continue to pray!
Isaiah 63:9 In all their affliction he was afflicted, and the angel of his presence saved them: in his love and in his pity he redeemed them; and he bare them, and carried them all the days of old.
((((HUGS))))
Denise in PA
I know exactly how you feel, Amy. When my dad was diagnosed, the first thing I thought of was our "Friday Call". (my mom worked at a Bible College on Fridays and I was off that day. So my Dad and I would talk for hours). You will have the same wonderful memories too, Amy. I love you and I'm praying for you!
Wen
Post a Comment