Today I went to meet with Ethan's pre-school (which ended yesterday) teacher. Ethan was in ECSE this year (and last), which stands for Early Childhood Special Education. He is definitely developmentally delayed, which stems from his early life in an orphanage. Today was an end of the year assessment to just let me know how things stood with him.
I also got to meet his Special Ed. teacher for Kindergarten. She seems really nice, and I am grateful for this school district. Unfortunately, they don't yet know who his Kindergarten (main) teacher will be, but obviously I'll know that by fall!
Cala got to go over to 3rd grade and meet her teacher for the fall, as well as her classmates. She was disappointed that only one boy from her current class will be with her next year. (at least he's been her friend since last year so that helps). She also got it in her head that she wanted a certain teacher and was sad that this is not going to be hers. The reason was, a girl in her class was saying how she hoped she got this certain teacher because her sister had the teacher for 3rd grade and really had fun. SO, there was Cala hoping for him too! HA I explained that for all she knew she wouldn't like him, and that Mrs. ____ will probably be fun too!
Remember I said she was sad because only one boy from her class will be with her? She said, "I don't know anybody in that class." THEN, about 3 hours later she starts telling me of 3 girls from her Brownies troop that will be in her class, AS WELL as a girl that lives behind us!!!! (Cala doesn't know the girl behind us well, but this will give them that chance!). Got to love this girl and her leaving out the details part. I think she'll actually get to 3rd grade and be happy.
In other news: it's been storming and after the tornado sirens went off on Sunday, the kids are a bit nervous at the sound of thunder now. ugghhh Hoping for clear skies soon.
1 comment:
Am sure they'll do fine next year...
Praying for your family!
Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
Post a Comment