Sunday, May 25, 2008

Should have been Saturday's post...

So now I just remembered there was no Saturday post....that is due to the storming last night....

This would have been the post:

Today went well. We had a cook-out (or as they say here, "barbecue") for Glenn. There were 14 total folks and we all had a good time. Well, that was until our neighbor girl hurt herself. Her Mom took her home and we told her we would bring the other two kids with us. All went really well following that, until... right at the end, I had just said, "five more minutes" when wham....one boy got hurt on the see-saw (or as they say here, "teeter totter"). He's alright, nothing some motrin and his parent's hugs couldn't fix.

Seriously, Glenn enjoyed the cook-out and everyone else did too really. The kids loved being able to run and play and I enjoyed the minimal clean up. Glenn was blessed with some nice gifts!

Once we got home, we rested awhile before the storm started and therefore, I was not able to get online. Sorry 'bout that!

***READ the post below for Sunday's post: God's Protection!***

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So is that like an "excused absence"? Is your string still intact? I hadn't heard about 20 people being unaccounted for...praying that they're safe and will all show up with stories to tell!
Remembering all those who gave their lives for our country. Still praying!
Psalms 28:6-8 Blessed be the LORD, because he hath heard the voice of my supplications. The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him. The LORD is their strength, and he is the saving strength of his anointed.

U.N. Mama said...

I'm thinking it will be an excused absence because I honestly couldn't get online!!! :o)