Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Ever Amazed at the Price....

No, not talking about the price of gas, although that of course is through the roof! (and I hear that actually the U.S. has some of the cheapest prices of gas anywhere).

I'm talking though about groceries! WOW! I know it has a lot to do with the high price of gas, but my goodness have groceries ever gone up! I notice it in things like bread- the cheap wheat loaf- Wal-mart brand (Great Value) has gone up at least 10 cents. Then there's the little things like Crunch N Munch which I buy quite often as a snack for the kids... a box used to be 88 cents at Wal-mart- now $1.25- still a reasonable price for the stuff, but it just struck me how things are really rising!!!!

I spend AT LEAST 25 more dollars a week than I did just a few months ago! I think we'll soon be eating beans and rice, rice and beans, potatoes for variation. HA (just kidding- don't worry about us- if we did that, it would be strictly to cut back on cost). God is faithful to take care of us. I just can't get over how things have really risen in cost lately!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well that's directly related to the price of gas...so it fits. Sorry I missed last night...one of my kids was having a party and actually invited me so how could I say no? Needed sleep because I have to be up at 5:45 now to babysit two grand babies, so...figured I'd better just throw in the towel and hit the hay.
Still continuing to pray!
Isaiah 49:13-16a Sing, O heavens; and be joyful, O earth; and break forth into singing, O mountains: for the LORD hath comforted his people, and will have mercy upon his afflicted. But Zion said, The LORD hath forsaken me, and my Lord hath forgotten me. Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee. Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands...