Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Chicken Little Gets Appointments

I confess that I "need" to see the dentist. I have two bad teeth, and have put that off for years because well, I'm a chicken, and a chicken with no money to boot! (and no insurance until now).

SO, enter Glenn needing to go to the dentist. He has toothaches quite a bit and always has had some other problems with his teeth. Cala has two teeth that look as if they are trying to come from behind- hard to explain. SO, we knew she needed to go.

Glenn has been after me to go, but I said, "no, not going to happen." I am fine, no pain now with the teeth, but uh... he insists. I still playfully say no- I'll go when need be, but there's no need now.

To the funny part---I called today to make my husband and my 9 year old daughter appointments. As I told the woman, my husband needs to come as does my daughter. At no time did I state that I, ME, AMY needed to come.

The receptionist asked me the info- my husband and my daughter's first name, and would Wednesday, May 14th at 5 p.m. be o.k. I said, "no, can you do another day because of church that night, that would be pushing it." SO, will Monday, May 19th be o.k. at 5? I respond, "yes it will."

She goes along with entering Glenn and Cala's info and then I asked at what age should the boys come? This dentist suggests around 5 or 6. So, I said the boys will be fine then- Ethan can go next year, and we'll spare Seth a few more years (he's 3).

And that's when it happened... SHE ASKS, "and YOUR name?!" and I responded correctly. (not even thinking why she was asking). She then says, "your daughter is scheduled for a cleaning that day, but we are all booked up for adult cleanings, so when YOU and your husband come in, they can schedule you for another day if need be."

Glenn is happy... I guess I too am going to the dentist. Oh joy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry about your friend...I "only" had one miscarriage. Can't imagine having two!
Hope all goes well at the dentist!
Still praying!
2 Corinthians 12:9-10 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

Anonymous said...

I'm a chicken about the dentist, too - until the pain was just constant. So I recently had two root canals, and still have one final appointment to get the permanent caps.
I was supposed to do it yesterday, I even called to confirm the appt the night before - and I totally forgot! I still don't like going to the dentist.