We started this week with a snow 'storm' of sorts but are certainly praising the Lord that we now have melted said snow and all that was here for months! We are sitting right now at a warm 56 degrees! Wow! It feels GREAT to have the windows open, to hear kids playing outside, to have my own kids be able to play outside!
Glenn always says that there are two magical snows- the first of the season and the last of the season. ha I'm not like that. I do LOVE that first snow, which I hated that I missed this time around (as me and the boys were in Florida in October when it first fell). Strange how this year, while I didn't go through as much of the long dark winter as everyone else- (me and the boys came back in January), I still feel as if this was the longest I've ever been through! Weird. I am thinking perhaps it has to do with grief. That might explain it- just already feeling sad many days and then to look out and feel trapped by the weather.
I seriously need to take advantage of the sunshine and the spring weather. We never really will have a hot day here until summer. Spring is a nice segue (always wanted to use that word here! ha) to the hot days of summer when I long for the cool days of fall. (although thankfully, summer nights here are wonderful with a nice cool breeze).
I think I will get out with my dog in the coming days and enjoy the freedom that spring brings in my corner of the world!
2 comments:
Was wondering if it was ever going to get above freezing there! Do get out and enjoy any sun you can! Around here the sun isn't out all that much so every time it is I head out to the park to enjoy it if I can!
You're in my prayers!
Psalms 130:1-2 Out of the depths have I cried unto thee, O LORD. Lord, hear my voice: let thine ears be attentive to the voice of my supplications.
Keep your eyes on the Lord whatever the future holds. Praying!
Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
Post a Comment