I spent a good part of today filling out fliers about the special service we will have Sunday, April 27th. We have gotten quite a few posted and passed out, but have many more to go in the coming days.
Cala has invited her friends and one boy this afternoon came to the door. Cala couldn't play today as we had to be at a Brownies Awards ceremony this evening, and I told him to come back tomorrow to play. He said, "oh, I know she can't play but she invited me to church for that show and I wanted to tell her I probably can come." Cala was happy to hear that. Of course she's been told before that someone will come and they don't (as have we all heard that!), but it always makes her happy to know kids want to come.
The ceremony tonight was at the school Cala will be in next year (here they switch in 3rd grade to a different school next door). Cala had a fun time looking at the pictures of the teachers and imagining which one might be hers! She's not too happy about changing to a bigger building but I know her- once there, she'll learn the "lay of the land" and be hopefully as happy as she is now.
Tomorrow, I have big plans- a date with a slightly tan, handsome guy. He's even planning our date! So far I know we are going to a city about 20 miles from here (for whatever reason he asked to go there!), and we're going to the Wal-mart there, the Target there, and various other places along the way. We're eating at Burger King in another town back closer to us. No doubt we will talk as this date of mine, LOVES nothing more than to chatter away!
Yep, a date with my 5 year old son! We are leaving quite early in the morning so we have plenty of time together. Tomorrow night just so happens to be his turn to choose what we do for our weekly family night. Ethan is way excited!
Stay tuned...
No comments:
Post a Comment