Friday, April 11, 2008

Day 1- Laughter Central

Tonight, my home is filled with laughter. Outside my bedroom door are my daughter and her friend from church, having a sleepover. This is actually the first time Cala has had anyone spend the night at her home (other than cousins).

With each laugh, I feel transported back to my childhood and the laughter that would fill my room when one particular friend would stay the night. I can hear my Mama coming to the door saying, "girls... quiet down." "Yes, ma'am." After 30 minutes had passed or more, here came Mama once again, "Girls! Don't you think you ought to be sleeping by now?!" We would hush for a few moments until one of us was sure to do something to make the other one burst out in laughter. And then, at some point we would drift off to sleep. Memories.........

I hope my daughter will have the same kind of memories as she continues to grow up. I am glad she is seemingly getting that chance here.

Weather update: I am still looking for Spring. It's like someone hit the rewind button and said, "do over on that snow storm!" It would be beautiful, if only it were January. In April, that's another story.... it becomes dreaded and the sun becomes my biggest hope.

Laugh on girls. Laugh on. Yep! That it's spring time, seems to be a joke.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So no memories of you telling them to be quiet?! Oh I remember those days....
Know that I'm praying!
Psalms 91:4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.