Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Day 11- Monday

Today was spent making phone calls and Glenn passing out invitations for Sunday. I sure pray we have a good turn out.

After homework was done and rooms were cleaned, the kids went out back to play with quite a few neighborhood kids. They supposedly were having a party. This was impromptu on the school bus! ha Got to love my 9 year old daughter's imagination! She took out candy in paper sacks for each kid, they played basketball, etc. and even had music on!

Glenn just went out to the garage to do some work and he took a cd out. I was not sure they would like our choice of music, but this is our house :o) As it turns out, Cala said they really liked it.

Seriously, pray as we try to be a witness to these kids. I feel as if God is opening doors that we just need to go through.


Tonight we had our first thunderstorm of the season. Being from central Florida, the lightning capital of the world! (yes, seriously, it is!), well... I'm not really scared of these storms until they become tornadic- I don't think I would like to hear the siren and know it was for real. Anyway... tonight Seth was in the bathroom, lightning struck, thunder boomed and he came barreling out of there soooo scared. It was a new emotion for him really. Nothing has ever scared Seth but he obviously doesn't like thunderstorms. He kept asking if we were going to be up for awhile.

Tomorrow I have Seth's bi-monthly pre-school class (parents attend with the kids), and I'm also going to be babysitting a neighbor girl for a few hours.

I already have tomorrow night's supper ready to bake, so all is well in that regard... I do have TONS of clothes to wash though! sigh... never ending.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thunder isn't fun to deal with. I grew up with tornado warnings. Had tons, never had a tornado come anywhere close...
Stopping in to let you know I'm still praying!
Psalms 4:8 I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety.