Saturday, April 12, 2008

It's Quiet

I've always been someone who likes people. I truly don't remember a time when I've not been a "people person". I rarely like to be alone. Right now as I type this, it is 5:55 p.m. All is quiet in this house. The kids and Glenn are outside taking care of our dogs. I find myself at this very moment thankful for the silence. I know it won't last very long (no more than a few minutes as they are trying to hurry as it's snowing once again!), and yet, I'm just happy to be sitting here hearing nothing more than the clickety-clack of the keyboard as I type.

I have a migraine headache trying to make its way to me and maybe that has something to do with it. (after all, how DO you keep it quiet enough when you have a headache?!). I just am enjoying this moment of peace.

May you find such a moment soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm actually having TOO many of them lately! That's what happens when your kids grow up and start moving out. We've gone from 6 kids, running around, getting into trouble, to two. And one of them has one foot out the door. Four are married already! How is that possible?! Hold on to those kids tight! It will be quiet there a lot more before you know it!
Praying about your head!!!!
Lamentations 3:55-58 I called upon thy name, O LORD, out of the low dungeon. Thou hast heard my voice: hide not thine ear at my breathing, at my cry. Thou drewest near in the day that I called upon thee: thou saidst, Fear not. O Lord, thou hast pleaded the causes of my soul; thou hast redeemed my life.

Anonymous said...

What happened to Sunday? Or is it taking a while to show up? Hope you're okay!
Know that I care so very much and am still praying!
Psalms 31:1-3 In thee, O LORD, do I put my trust; let me never be ashamed: deliver me in thy righteousness. Bow down thine ear to me; deliver me speedily: be thou my strong rock, for an house of defence to save me. For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me, and guide me.