I realized today that I've never posted a picture of my dog, зима. (pronounced, "zee-mah" which means winter). She's a Siberian husky mix- we believe mixed with Golden Retreiver. Whatever, she's beautiful, HUGE and SUCH a sweetheart!Today around 2 p.m., I was feeling a bit low. I was just sitting at the computer, had been trying to catch up on laundry and decided I would try to get outside and do as I posted about last night- get out with my dog! I was happy to get that chance, and what an absolute beautiful day to do so! I finally made it out back around 2:30, planning to be out about 30 minutes (when Cala would get home), but uh... 30 minutes turned into over 2 hours!!! I went inside a much happier soul! Thank God for the sun ! Growing up in Florida, a.k.a the "Sunshine State", I never truly appreciated the sun. I even grew to not enjoy it much because we got soooo very many days of heat and the sun so hot, beating down, burning my skin in minutes. After living in dreary St. Petersburg (Russia) and then in this climate which is similar, I long for the sun and truly appreciate it. God was surely smiling down on me today, reminding me of His love for me through the gift of the sunshine.
After Cala came home, she came outside, the boys followed, and soon Glenn came out back carrying a basketball. In a matter of minutes, we had 9 kids other than our 3 show up!!!! I LOVE it! They seem to enjoy playing with Cala, and playing at our house. They all want to see the dog and the puppy.
I think it would be wonderful for us to be "the" house where the neighborhood kids meet. I'm all o.k. with that. Pray we can reach out to these kids!
2 comments:
I know what you mean about appreciating the sun! Living in SoCal for 23 years...well it was sunny about 99% of the time! Here in Seattle, it's sunny like 1% of the time (slight exaggeration).
So I'm looking at the dog and am seeing a lot of my dog in her face. Mine is Akita/German Shepherd so am wondering if yours is part either of those? Beautiful dog!
This passage always amazes me. Knowing that the Holy Ghost Himself is praying!
Romans 8:26-28 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God. And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
Wow, I'm so proud of myself, I actually read that in the Russian and didn't even think about it!
He is huge and is pretty! Cala looks happy hangin' with him!
Post a Comment